Preusser Jewelers in downtown Grand Rapids showcases some of the best fine jewelry in the heart of our beautiful city. We’re proud to be Michigan’s oldest jeweler, and we have many fine choices for you.
Today, our staff answers several frequently asked questions about Grand Rapids jewelers.
Where is Preusser’s located in Grand Rapids?
Preusser Jewelers is located in the historic Ledyard Building right in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, just a block east of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel right on the corner of Pearl and Ottawa.
What designers can I purchase at Preusser’s?
There are plenty of fine brands at Preusser’s.
Some of them are:
- Simon G. Perhaps one of the most respected jewelers in the United States, Simon G. offers handcrafted pieces made with incredible attention to detail.
- L’Amour Crisscut. If you want a unique and beautiful diamond, the L’Amour collection by Crisscut creates a brilliance found in no other cut of diamond. With an astounding 50 facets and subtle curvatures, this designer’s pieces are roughly 30% to 50% bigger than emerald, oval or pear-shaped diamonds.
- Verragio. By far our most intricate and ornate style of engagement rings and wedding bands. From their Insignia to the Couture collections, you have to see them to fully appreciate them!
- Michael M. Michael M combines European artistry with American craftsmanship. Each piece of jewelry is made in America, and the result is a combination of sleek design and artistry which shows off the center stone beautifully.
- Spark Creations. If you favor intense color gemstones, then Spark Creations has fine jewelry for you! Using 18-karat gold or platinum, their jewelry is accented with VS and colorless accent diamonds, then set with various precious and rare gemstones. Spark Creations has many one-of-a-kind designs and collections available with alternate choices of gems.
- Luminar. If you prefer timeless classics, Luminar represents an ideal choice. This company specializes in “floating” designs that show the center stone from all viewpoints, giving it a modern flair.
- Dora Rings. Preusser Jewelers has more than 100 styles of wedding bands to choose from. Known for the ability to make striking wedding bands by combining metals and widths of many types, Dora’s exclusive styles give men and women more options, so they can get exactly what they want.
- Peter Storm Jewelry. Whether you want a solitaire diamond or a pavé band combined with a three-set stunner, Peter Storm focuses on mounts that hold larger diamonds, and his daughter Adi, knows what brides love today. Between them, they offer a stunning array of settings.
- Frank Reubel Designs. Award-winning international design winner, Frank Reubel creates a sculptural collection, which is almost architectural! Each piece is truly one-of-a-kind, just like you.
- Sylvie Collection. “By a woman, for a woman.” Yes, that is right, she knows what women want, and she delivers! You want many choices of stackable bands. Sylvie’s has so many to choose from, you won’t believe it!
- James Breski. If you want true art-deco or vintage designs, James Breski is it. Stunners borrow inspiration from 1920s Art Deco designs, while deep colors complement your sense of style.
- Benchmark. Comfort-fit bands come from nearly every jewelry designer. Benchmark patented the look more than 50 years ago. Go beyond a traditional wedding band with pavé diamonds or intricate, geometric designs made in classic gold or platinum, plus all of the modern man-made alternative metals. Check out the Benchmark eBoutique.
Where can I get custom pieces from a Grand Rapids jeweler?
Preusser’s has an in-house jewelry studio with a highly experienced jeweler who can help you create the ring or necklace of your dreams.
- Bring us your inspiration! Talk to us! Designing custom jewelry begins with a conversation.
- Next, we’ll draw what you’ve described for your custom piece. At this point, we can make corrections and tweaks before we make a 3-D rendering or wax form.
- The next step is carving the wax form based on the drawing. It will bring your jewelry to life for you to see how it might look once we’re done fashioning it from metal and gemstones. This way you can have an actual form to view before it’s cast.
- Once approved, we cast your custom jewelry and finish it all in house. In about 4 to 6 weeks you’ll have a beautiful piece of jewelry that fits your style and your love for your partner!